Jack Frost

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Piano Recital


The kids had their piano recital last month. And they all did such a great job! This was Johnny's first recital and he was so excited. He wasn't nervous a bit! He was first on the program and I wasn't sure if he would know quite what to do, not having the others to watch.....but, I should have known better than to doubt his confidence. He stood right up, introduced himself and his pieces, and played his little heart out. When he was finished, he sat up front and gave us the 'thumbs-up' sign. He was pretty proud of himself. We were pretty proud of him too. :)

Belle and Isaac have become quite the little pianists.......however, they were both pretty nervous. When Belle gets nervous, she starts playing real fast--so, her fingers were flying (they got away from her couple of times). But, she looked beautiful, and kept smiling. :)

Isaac was last on the program and I thought it was going to kill him. He looked like he was going to be physically sick. Having to wait through all the other performers was really hard on him. Poor kid! But he finished the night with 'Star Wars' and it was a hit!

We switched piano teachers this summer........here is a pic of the kids with their new teacher--my cute neighbor--Carla. She is so talented and the kids love her. Thanks Carla!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Your kids are SO talented and SUPER cute!!! They all did great and it makes me want to play the piano again!!! Thanks for sharing the videos! Love you! :)

Boyd Family said...

AWESOME!! How old were they when you started them? I think I need you to teach me how to do everything you do!! Either your kids are perfect or you are or both!! Can you come to my house and give me lessons? I think I'm about ready to start Joseph and Jessie. Joseph has been showing a lot of interest in the piano and music lately. I guess I should be emailing you instead of writing this book on your comment page of your blog. TVB!!

Bethany said...

Hey BEST! I start the kids when they start 1st grade. (Belle was more like 2nd grade). They don't all LOVE it, but they have no choice. I've told them they have to keep at it until they can play all the hymns out of the hymn book. I'm hoping by then, they won't want to quit. :) How are you by the way? Sure miss you.

Crystal Erickson said...

Wow guys that is sooo cool. Isaac you were taking me back to those fun days when we lived with you and you were trying to play Star wars in the morning after you practiced. Well all that practicing paid off because that was awesome!!! Even Emma walked in and said-"Hey Isaac is playing Star Wars! We love you all! Great Job!

Sherrie Barker said...

Yeah!!!! (Clap, Clap, Clap!!) WOW! What a great job all three of them did. Thank you for taking video and sharing. It's almost like we were right there. They've got talent, lots of talent. (And, to think I quit taking lessons as my recital got close. Maybe I could have sounded good too, if I had kept going. ) We are certainly thrilled with all of our grandchildren! Love to All of You!