Wow! Could it take me any longer to post about Christmas?!? I know, I know....it's SAD right? You know how the old saying goes... 'better late than never'? Well, here's my attempt at it:
Christmas 2009
Yeates Family Christmas Party--As always, the Yeates Family Christmas party was awesome! Mom and Dad were in charge of planning it this year...(It was suppose to be mine and Jason's turn, but due to the new baby and all, they offered to take over. Thanks mom and dad!) My parents took all of us to dinner and for a ride on the Polar Express! It was SO fun! My kids were SO excited and are still talking about it. They want to do it again next year. I thought the whole experience was amazing. It was so much like the book. Hot chocolate, cookies, elves, singing, story telling, Mr. and Mrs. Claus.....the works! Everyone even got a silver bell to bring home as a souvenir. The bell, along with their ticket that was personally punched by the conductor, were favorite Christmas presents for my kids. Thank you Mom and Dad so much for such a wonderful gift! And the bonus was that Sara and Ryan got to be home for the holidays with their darling kids that we don't get to see enough of! So glad you were here Sara!


Ward Christmas Party--As always, the ward Christmas party was great! Good food, great company and yes, the big man himself--Santa! This year we actually got Sabrina to sit on his lap. She was still a little unsure of the whole thing, but when he gave her a candy cane, they became instant friends. After that, all she wanted for Christmas was a 'present' and a 'candy cane'. So easy to please. If only it would last! :)
Lights on Temple Square--It's a tradition to take the kids down to Temple Square and look at the Christmas lights. This year was no different. I love the Christmas lights downtown...they remind me of when I was a little girl and my parents would take us to SLC to see the lights and the window displays at the mall. We would always go and visit my grandparents that lived near Temple Square too. I love those memories! This year we got to go with Jason's sister Crystal and her family. It was so fun. All the cousins had such a great time together. I wish that my camera had gotten a better picture of the kids, but this was the best there was.
Christmas Day--Here's pictures of the big day! Enjoy!
This year, the #1 gifts were the nerf guns. If I had only known how popular they were going to be, I wouldn't have bothered getting any other presents. Who knew?!?
New Years Eve--We headed up to Mom and Dad's for New Years. We all hung out and ate, played games, watched movies and just laughed a lot! I love getting together with my family. We always have such a good time together. I seriously have some of the funniest brothers and sisters. They never fail to make me smile. :) I sure love them and had such a great New Years Eve with all of them! We even got to celebrate Johnny's birthday with the whole bunch--it was great!


1 comment:
Ok reading that post was so fun. Good memories, I just wish I was still home with ya'll. Love that Jason got a nerf gun with the boys that is so awesome! Ryan can't wait until our boys are old enough to get into stuff like that. I am so excited for the family trip but after being reminded about how much fun it was to be home during the holidays I think I will never make it through a Christmas here. Oh and look at all the loot Santa must have thought your kids were great last year...but we already knew that. :) Give them all a kiss and a "wuv" (as Jackson would say)from us!
Post a Comment