We have been able to do a couple of really fun family nights this year. The first was when we took the kids to see "Jonah and the Great Fish". This is the newest of the "Liken It" series. It was a stage production that was put on at the Scera theater in Orem. It was amazing! We all enjoyed it very much....even Jason! :)
My kids absolutely love the 'Liken It' movies. They watch them every Sunday without fail. And we have had some of them for a couple of years now. The kids never seem to tire of them. And to tell you the truth, I don't either. If you have never seen a "Liken It" movie, you need to. I have them all if you want to borrow any, just let me know!
We also had the opportunity to take the four older kids to "Disney on Ice". All I can say is that I LOVE Disney on Ice--probably more than my kids. I actually go every year and take a different kid with me each time. It's kind of a special date night with mom. This year we got a great deal on tickets so we were able to take the whole family. Watching any ice skating is fun for me, it brings back all sorts of great memories from my ice skating days as a kid. But, pairing skating and Disney....that is just pure genius! Who wouldn't love that? (Actually, Jason wasn't so sure that he was going to enjoy it, but.....he finally admitted to being pleasantly surprised).
Sabrina stood the entire time. She didn't want to sit down at all. Her eyes never left the rink. She was completely captivated. Her favorite part was Tinkerbell of course!
5 comments:
Let's set the record straight. I don't recall any statement to the effect of being pleasantly surprised ... unless perhaps I was maybe referring to the fact that you had brought with you a huge bag of Swedish fish. That was an awesome surprise!
As for Sabrina being on her feet the whole time, that's not exactly correct. She would come sit next to me to get more Swedish fish from the bag. Other than that, I suppose she was on her feet the rest of the time.
We loved the Disney on Ice too!!!! The snacks and souvenirs they had seemed extremely expensive, but I HAD TO GET the Tinkerbell cup in the shape of a flower w/ a straw that looked like a leaf. So Cute!!!! I've never heard of those movies, where do you get them at? Are they like Veggie tales? Better? Love you guys!
All of these pictures and fun things make me miss you even more. I'm so glad you guys have had the chance to get out and do some fun things together.
So, are you coming to AK for your family vacation??????
Funny you should mention Disney Land. When are you guys going? Jeremy has to go out there in July for work and we're contemplating going with him so we can take the kids to Disney. If you are going during that same time then we'll TOTALLY go!!
Iam so glad that you all are having so much fun. We miss you and were thinking maybe you all could come stay with us for a while! It doesn't have to be 6 months, but at least for dinner :) I will try calling you in the morning or over the weekend. We love you, and miss you too!
Post a Comment