Jack Frost

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sassy Sabrina...


So my sweet little princess is quite a little stinker these days. I know that a lot of it is just being 2, almost 3 years old. However, I don't think I have had one quite this 'sassy' before. I must admit, she is pretty funny. But I try not to let her see or hear me laugh at all the witty, clever and sometimes naughty things she says and does. I actually secretly wish I was as quick thinking as she is. I have a feeling she takes after her Aunt Megan some.....:) Love you Meg! (I have to say that Megan was never naughty--she was, and still is however, quite a tease and very quick witted!) Here are some of my favorite Sabrina lines and a couple of our most fun conversations from this week:

"What the het?!?" (what the heck)
"Don't be mad mom, I'm just 2"
"You're making rude" (being rude)
"You're ruining my life mom"
"Don't panic, just relax mom"
"I have boobies in my nose" (boogies)
"Let's go to Costco and get a hotdog and a smooie" (smoothie)
"I don't want chicken, I want a flauffy joe!" (sloppy joe)
"Take out my brains!" (take out my braids)
"We need to read our scritch-ups" (scriptures)

Mom: Sabrina, please get in your car seat.
Sabrina: No thanks.
Mom: Sabrina, you better hurry before a policeman sees you.
Sabrina: Why?
Mom: If he sees you out of your car seat, he'll take mom to jail.
Sabrina: Okay.
Mom: No, not okay. I don't want to go to jail. It's scary.
Sabrina: Why?
Mom: That's where they lock up all the bad people.
Sabrina: Oh, you'll be just fine mom. Jail's fun. You'll like it!

Sabrina is also obsessed with Joseph Smith. She always wants to go to his house and see him. We keep explaining that he is in heaven with Jesus. The other kids have told her that she has to wait until she's dead to see him. She has no problem with that. She gets so excited when she sees a picture of him. And whenever we get in the car to go somewhere, she'll always ask, "Are we going to Joseph Smith's house?" And when we tell her no, she gets mad.

A couple of weeks ago, I caught a spider in the house--yuck! Sabrina was with me when I flushed it down the toilet. She was so upset with me. With her hands on her hips she yelled, Sabrina: "Mom! Did you flush that spider down the potty?"
Mom: "Yes, Sabrina, it was gross."
Sabrina: "I wanted to talk to it!"
Mom: "What did you want to say to it?"
Sabrina: "You're not nice mom. He was gonna be my friend!"
Mom: "You need to find new friends dear."

My absolute favorite thing about Sabrina is her singing and dancing. She loves to sing! She sings all the time. I always know that she is happy when she is singing. And her dancing is so fun too. She just 'flits' around the house--always on her toes--always twirling and doing curtsies. She looks like a little fairy. We love you Sabrina!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I love that girl! So cute, sassy or not, she's stinkin' cute!

Brenda Horrocks GTM Sales Agent said...

LOL Love this post Bethany!!! She is so cute!!! I love the car seat story. lol Made me laugh out loud!!