Jack Frost

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Catch up!

Last month was Isaac's first Pinewood Derby. He had such a good time! He took 2nd place in his wolf den and couldn't have been more pleased. :) I do have to ask though........is the Pinewood Derby for the boy scouts or for their dads?!? I'm not sure who had more fun, Isaac or Jason. I had to remind Jason more than once that the car was Isaac's and that he needed to let Isaac do most of the work on it (which he did). And the night of the race, it was all the dads gathered around the "Pit Stop" table making all the necessary adjustments to the cars after each run. The boys just ran around the gym playing and eating popcorn while the dads watched each race intently and devised ways to improve their "speed and aerodynamics". I got a real kick watching the whole thing. So, I guess I should congratulate Isaac and Jason on a good race! Isaac also tested again for Tae Kwon Do. He is now a Red and Black stripe belt! He only has 3 more to go to be a real black belt! Way to go Isaac! We are so proud of you!

Over the weekend I took Belle to the mall to do some school shopping. While we were there, she was able to watch a girl get her ears pierced. Belle has been asking for several months to get her ears pierced, but Jason and I wanted her to wait until she was a bit older. I remember getting mine done when I was eight years old, and I remember how bad it hurt. I've been able to discourage her with the idea of pain for the last while........but, she has become quite brave lately and wanted to do it anyway. So, we did it! She didn't even flinch! I couldn't believe it! She chose some darling little star earrings and has loved showing them off to everyone she sees. They have even made the idea of going back to school seem not so bad. I keep catching her admiring herself in every mirror....she'll giggle and tell me that she thinks she looks pretty. Yes she does! Belle, you are beautiful! Both before and after the earrings!

1 comment:

Wade Family said...

Wow congrats Isaac on your red and black stripe belt...that is so awesome! Belle love the earings so cute...it's school shopping already? Seriously where did the summer go? Loved the post on the pine wood derby...so true. Ryan can't wait to make his car. With all Jason's talent I'm sure their car was a hit.