Jack Frost

Monday, August 17, 2009

12 years and counting...


Jason and I celebrated our 12th Wedding Anniversary this past weekend. It is hard for me to believe that 12 years have passed already. I really can remember our wedding day like it was yesterday. It was such a beautiful and amazing day! I feel so fortunate to have found such a wonderful man to share eternity with. Jason is not only the love of my life, he is my very best friend. Who could ask for anything more? I have truly been blessed. I love you Jason!

The Proposal:
I always thought that it would be so romantic to have my husband-to-be propose to me in the celestial room of the temple. After all, how much closer can you be to heaven than in the celestial room? Well, I guess that I should have shared that idea with Jason, or one of his friends, sooner in the dating process. Jason took me to a casino on the strip of Las Vegas to pop the big question.....a far cry from the temple, but romantic still the same. I have loved giving Jason a hard time about this over the years, but obviously, it didn't change my answer. It was a "yes" then and it is a "yes" now, I'd follow him anywhere!

Obviously a lot has changed over the years......hair styles, fashion and dress sizes. But after 12 years and soon to be 5 kids, I couldn't be happier! Where it all began....
And where hopefully, it never ends...





10 comments:

Meg said...

Happy Anniversary! And Congrats on 12 years! I LOVE your pictures! I don't even think I've seen most of them. You'll have to pull them out for me. You guys are so awesome. Bridger and I look up to you so much. Thanks for being such great examples to us. We love you!!

Wade Family said...

Loved that post! Happy Anniversary, love your pictures you guys did and still look amazing! Wow five kids, two degrees, job changes, moves and I'm sure much more in twelve years that's pretty good! I ditto Megan, I think we all look up to you so much. Miss you guys...hope you had a great day!

Boyd Family said...

Congrats you guys! I remember that day too. What an exciting time and the two of you are just as cute now as you were then! You're the BEST. Love you!

Leslie said...

Ohhhhh! I'm tearing up! How cute! I love you guys! And you look totally hot! (bethany)

Donna Madsen said...

We celebrated 12 in July! Hard to believe huh! It seems like yesterday we were dancing in front of Fern Young! :)

Mindy said...

I love the pictures! So sweet! We have a wedding picture by that same tree on temple square and it's one of my favorites. You make a great couple!

JBarker said...

Bliss, love and happiness! But you've left out some of the details. I'll have to address them on my blog. :)

P.S. Since you're willing to follow me, let's go to Ruby River sometime soon.

Melissa said...

Awwww! That is too cute! I love your pictures and the story (the casino part is my favorite - ha ha!). Happy Anniversary! We love you guys!

Melissa said...

So I shared this post with Dave, and he chuckled at the casino vs. temple part. His comment was, "Well at least he didn't marry her in a casino."

Crystal Erickson said...

Since I didn't write before now...(too busy moving in :)) Just wanted to say we sure love you both and we are so grateful for all of your love and sacrifice and friendship, in our behalf. Here's to 12....00000 more!
Love ya