Jack Frost

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bryce Canyon 1/2 Marathon

One more major event of July was my 1/2 marathon in Bryce Canyon. My sisters and I have been training for a few months for this. We knew we were a bit crazy for wanting to do it, but it turned out great! We had SO much fun doing it together. It was so awesome of Sara to come all the way from Texas too! We missed not having Cacey and Kara with us, but hopefully they will be able to join us next time. We all agreed that this should be part of an annual 'girl's trip'. (Dad included of course!)

(Pre-race spaghetti dinner--were those really meatballs?!? I wish I had a pic of Amy's bite size salad and gigantic fork! LOL!)
After the marathon, we headed down to St. George for some R&R. Eating, swimming, eating, movies, eating, shopping and more eating!
(Ice cream, doughnuts, candy, etc.......I guess the diet's over!)

(As Mia would say, "What the crap?!?" LOL)
Yep! It's a banana.........ask Megan. :)

(A short stop at Cedar Breaks for some sight-seeing)
Along with some great memories, I came home with a pulled muscle, a pinched nerve and some really ugly toes......bruised, black toenails. Ahhhh--the joys of running! :)
But it was worth it! I haven't laughed so much in like.......FOREVER!

A great BIG thanks to Jason and the other husbands that stayed home with all the kids. And another BIG thanks to my dad for shuttling us around, feeding us, keeping us in line, and putting up with our non-stop jokes and constant laughter. Hopefully you'll be up to it again next year! (Maybe with one less 'pit-stop' though.....LOL!)

4 comments:

Donna Madsen said...

My brother and his wife also ran the Bryce Canyon half! What a small world!

Wade Family said...

Loved the post!!! Those were some good times, I am still laughing at everything that happened. Seriously you made the trip ;) For sure it has to be an annual event even if it means torture for 13 miles. Actually I can't believe how fast it went having you guys to run with thanks for the motivation. Happy Anniversary yesterday.

Meg said...

Ahh! I can't stop laughing! Oh the pit stop made the trip. Good times ;) Thanks for taking the jokes so well! And I totally forgot about the banana; until I saw the picture. To funny!! We need to go again!!

Melissa said...

I am SO impressed Bethany. Good for you! Looks like you had a great time. :)