Jack Frost

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Isaac's Baptism




So Isaac got baptized this month. (I can't believe that he is old enough for that!) It was a special day. Grandma Barker and Aunt Wendy (and kids) made the long drive from Vegas to be with us--which was so nice. We really missed you Grandpa Barker, sorry you couldn't make it. We were also wishing that Crystal and Corey and their families could've been here, maybe next time huh? Most of my family was able to make it. We missed Megan and Sara and their families too. It's so hard to be so far away--we were sure thinking of all of you though! The program was so nice. Isaac got to be baptized with two of his close friends from the ward, which he thought was pretty cool. Speaking of cool, the font at the church didn't get filled in time to warm the water--poor kids, nervous and freezing! Despite the cold water, Isaac said he felt great afterwards. He was so excited!

Isaac was especially excited because Jason had to conduct the baptism--which meant that Isaac could sit up in front with his dad and look out at everyone there. He sure thought that was fun. He also thought it was great to have his Uncle Troy give one of the talks (Isaac choose him "because he is always teasing me") Sorry Troy! You did a great job though, thanks! After it was all over, we all went out to lunch to "Chili's" (Isaac's favorite). The highlight of the day, if you ask Isaac, was his chicken and fries. It sure put a smile on his face. :) It was a great day. Thank you to everyone who was able to make it--we love you all so much and sure appreciate all your love and support. A special thanks to Cacey for being the official photographer and for recording all the events of our special day! Love you! (All the pictures I have posted here are off of mine and Jason's cameras. I still need to get the ones Cacey took for us--they are sooooooo much better than these! Sorry!)






5 comments:

Donna Madsen said...

Awesome! Our Braden was also Baptized this month! What a fun day!

Wade Family said...

What a handsome boy! We so wish we could have been there for the big day. I still can't believe that he is 8! What is even crazier is the picture of all four of them (so cute) at the bottom...wow they are growing up so fast and I hate missing out on all of it. Sorry again that we couldn't be there, we were sure thinking of you all though. It was fun to see pictures of everyone...keep blogging! Love you Beth, hope you enjoyed your Mothers Day.

Meg said...

Yay! I've been waiting to see pictures of the baptism. We are so sorry we missed it. We hate being gone for these kind of events, but we were thinking about you guys. Hopefully you had a good Mother's Day, I've been meaning to call to hear about it. I'm sure I will talk to you soon! Love you!

Wendy said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for letting us come up and share that special day with you too! We love you all so much! Congrats again Isaac!

Crystal Erickson said...

Such a cute picture of all the kids together. We sure miss you all and wish we could have been with you to celebrate. Thanks for sharing and give Isaac a big HUG for us. Love ya!