It's hard to believe that Isabelle is already 11 years old! She was sick on her actual birthday, so we ended up celebrating it a few days later......and we tried to make up for it by having a couple of days of celebration. :) Day 1--presents:
Belle's dad surprised her with some pretty birthday flowers......thanks Jason! You made her night!
Day 2--birthday dinner and cake. Every year Belle asks for the same birthday dinner........spaghetti and meatballs! And as always, she also wanted to decorate her own birthday cake. She has done this for the last several years--and she always does a fabulous job!
I have to say, her cake turned out beautiful! Just like her! :)
Day 3--Isabelle and her cousin MaKayla have birthdays just a couple of weeks apart. Both girls are very artistic and love to paint. So, Crystal and I decided it would be fun to take the girls to "Color Me Mine" for their birthdays.
Both girls chose to paint cups and saucers. Crystal painted a really cute mug and I attempted a charger plate. There really is NO question as to where these girls get their artistic abilities.......the Barker 'gene' is dominant in that category! And I am SO grateful! It really is a lot of fun to watch the kids create such beautiful things.
It's a small picture, but here is Belle's finished product--along with some other fun things she has created over the past couple of months. Belle has been doing some calligraphy and quilling. And she is quite good at both. She has infinite patience when it comes to designing and creating. She has also been making these really cute pom-pom scarfs. She made this one for her cousin MaKayla.
One of Belle's birthday presents was some fleece. She wanted to cut and tie her own blanket. Here she is getting started....
5 comments:
"Go Belle, it's your birthday!" Where has the time gone? She is a beautiful and talented girl! I'm glad we were able to talk briefly on her birthday! We love you Belle and enjoy hearing about all your wonderful accomplishments! Love the Brownlees!
It was fun at the painting place, they are both so talented :). Belle I love your blanket sooo cute, and Kayla loves her scarf!!! Thanks for all you do for us! Love ya!
Cute blanket and painting! Many talents is right. I can't even decorate a cake that good! Way to go Belle!!
What a fun post! I LOVE that Jason got her flowers. That is SO cute. Love you guys!
What a beautiful girl! We aren't old enough to have kids that old are we! Where does time go!
Post a Comment