
So, last Saturday I ran the Spanish Fork 1/2 Marathon. Originally I was going to run it with a couple of friends.......but come race day, I was all alone. I seriously considered NOT doing it. Do you have any idea how boring it is to run 13.1 miles by yourself?!?
Well, Jason encouraged me to do it anyway. And am I ever glad I did! Look what I won! A Garmin Forerunner 305. It is such a sweet watch (they retail for $200.00). Needless to say, the boring run was worth it.
It was pretty funny though, how it all happened. Let's just say that I am NOT a fast runner by any means. In fact, I was close to the last crossing the finish line. Once the runners cross the finish line, they are entered into a drawing. There were tons of prizes being given at this drawing. Anyway......the drawing had already began when I came jogging across the finish line. I heard the announcer say that there were only a couple of prizes left to give away. I heard him explain that the next prize was one they considered their "grand" prize, because it was so expensive. I wasn't paying much attention to what it was. First of all, I was just trying to catch my breath and find a place to crash my poor exhausted body. And second of all, I NEVER win anything, so why bother?
As I lay nearly passed out on the grass, I heard the announcer call my number. It took a minute to register that I was the winner, and an even longer minute (or two) to get myself off the ground and go retrieve my prize. I yelled "yay for me" (since I had nobody there to cheer for me) and everyone looked at me like I was some kind of crazy. Maybe I am. :)
At first, I didn't even know what I had won. A lot of people came up to me to congratulate me and tell me how jealous they were. I kept thinking to myself, "what exactly did I win"? I called Jason and told him that I was pretty sure I didn't deserve it.....especially if I didn't even know what it was or what it did! But after I had a few minutes to sit down and check it out, I realized just how "cool" this prize really was. And I am soooooo excited to try it out!
Who knows? Maybe some professional training equipment will help my run? We can only hope.
4 comments:
I have this watch and used it all last year when I was training, it is awesome and you will know exactly how far you have gone, how many calories burned, your average minute per mile all of that. It is pretty cool to see all the info right on your wrist. The heart rate monitor is nice to so you can see what zone you are in. Congrats on the big win! I am hoping to run it next year. I really thought it was one of the best races and mostly because they give away some cool prize.
I am so happy for you! You totally deserve it!
Congratulations! WOW what a gal!! I knew your were a great catch for Jason. Love you!
Wow! Good for you Bethany! Dave will be jealous when he sees what you won. Apparently those things are pretty darn cool. How exciting!
Post a Comment