Jack Frost

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Busy Belle


Belle has been very busy these last few months. Life is just now starting to slow down a little for her (and me). But, I guess that is what you get when you are as talented as she is....(mom can brag, right?) Let's go back to November...

Belle entered the school's reflection contest, "Beauty is..." Belle's entry was a picture of herself blowing bubbles in a beautiful meadow. She entitled it "Bubble Meadow". Inside each bubble she drew a picture of something she considered beautiful; a bird, butterfly, flower, etc. Her entry won at the school level, district level and even region! She had two different award ceremonies that we attended and received a trophy, ribbon, plaque, and lots of treats and prizes. I am truly amazed at how well she can draw. She loves the arts and is so talented. We are so proud of her accomplishment.
Also, in November, was our primary's sacrament meeting program. Belle was asked to sing a solo (A cappella even!)--she did great! She sang the descant to "Beautiful Savior". It really was beautiful. And soooooo brave I might add. She got to do it again at her cousin's baptism a few weeks later too. She loves to sing, but not in front of people. I'm not sure we will ever be able to talk her into something like that again. Too bad, cause that girl can sure sing!

Back in October Belle auditioned for the school play "A Christmas Carol". 4th, 5th and 6th graders can participate. The speaking parts usually go to the 5th and 6th graders, but the director told me that Belle did so well in the audition that they decided to give her a speaking part. It wasn't huge, but she played one of the matrons (in the first scene) who asks Scrooge for money. She had several small lines to memorize and she did great! Belle was busy with weekly practices all of October. In November, they practiced twice a week, and then we had a few dress rehearsals the first part of December. Things sure were crazy busy. Belle performed during an assembly for the kids at school and then had two evening performances for the public. It was really fun, and anyone who knows Belle, knows that she is right at home 'on stage'. I'm sure she'll be auditioning next year too. :)

As if the play wasn't enough, Belle decided to sing with the school choir too this year. Choir practices were also once a week, but only lasted until December, where they ended with a wonderful Christmas concert.

After the choir Christmas concert, Belle and Isaac both had their annual piano recital. Grandma and Grandpa Yeates, Aunt Megan, Uncle Bridger, and Aunt Sara all came down for it. (We sure appreciate them making the long drive out). It meant a lot to Belle and Ike to have everyone come hear them play, so thank you!

In January Belle started guitar. (Santa brought her a guitar for Christmas and she was anxious to start playing it). There is a teacher at her school that does an after-school program teaching guitar. It's free, the kids just need to bring a guitar. It's awesome, and Belle is loving it! She keeps telling me that she wants to be like Taylor Swift--sing and play her own songs. I have no doubt that she could do it.

Belle has also been asking to do gymnastics for the last few months. I found a lady out by us who has turned her basement into a gym and offers lessons. Belle actually has her first day of class this week. She is so excited! Johnny started last week and had blast! Hopefully Belle will enjoy it too.

Also in January, Belle turned 10. Wow! It's hard to believe I'm old enough to have a 10 year old. Crazy! Just like last year, she wanted to decorate her own cake. She did an awesome job too! She also had a little friend party and went ice-skating. I even got on a pair of skates myself. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Those kids were real troopers. They lasted over an hour! But, after a few hard falls and some sore ankles, we decided to call it quits and head out for some ice-cream. I think that Belle had a good time and hope that her friends did too. Happy 10th Birthday Belle! We sure love you and are so proud of all the great things you are doing with your life. You are a beautiful, and extremely talented little girl. Thank you for being part of our family!


She finally got her ipod!



3 comments:

Wade Family said...

Belle that is SO awesome! That picture is amazing you are so talented. I didn't know you had started gymnastics that is so cool! I was so glad I got to come to the piano recital both Belle and Ike did so great. You are all VERY talented...parents included. We miss you all so much and get so excited every time there is a new post so keep them coming! Hope you all get feeling better soon and happy birthday again Beth! Love you all!

Donna Madsen said...

What a talented girl! I hope she keeps it up!

Boyd Family said...

Tanti Auguri di compleanno Best!!! It looks like Belle is doing some seriously cool stuff. The artwork is very amazing!! How often does Isaac have Tae Kwon Do? I'm trying to decide how much time we can handle doing this. Does he do any other sports? I'm just curious because I'm trying to figure it all out right now. I love the pics of the kids. How is Seth doing? Mi Manchi Tanto!