Jack Frost

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Birthdays, birthdays & more birthdays...



Since Christmas, we have celebrated 3 birthdays in our family.  Jason, Johnny and Belle have all turned a year older!  I thought that I would post a few pics of the celebrations. Jason and I took the kids to "Olive Garden" for dinner--it was in celebration of all the birthdays, since spaghetti seems to be the meal of choice amongst our kids.  We did that the weekend before the birthdays all began, thinking that we were simplifying the upcoming week.  However, when the "actual" birthdays arrived, the kids were not so thrilled with the combined celebration of the week past.  We ended up celebrating some more and so the week was hectic and crammed full of activities anyway.  Oh well.  We tried!  

On Johnny's birthday, he really wanted to go to a place called "Jump On It".  It's a huge building with wall to wall trampolines.  So we went and he had the time of his life.  And Jason made him a "Mario" cake (one of Johnny's newest heros).  
For Isabelle's birthday, she wanted to go to "Build a Bear".  She got a cute little stuffed dog that she named "Moonlight".  She wanted an ocean cake and asked if she could decorate it herself.  She did such an awesome job that I just might let her do all the birthday cakes from now on!  

Jason's the only one who was happy with the trip to "Olive Garden".  At least that is what he said.  He was also kind enough to let us celebrate with pie....we've had enough cake to last us the rest of the year! 









4 comments:

Crystal Erickson said...

Hey- Happy Birthday to all! It sure looks fun. We love you all and hope the days were wonderful- You deserve it:)

jess said...

Happy B-day Barkers! I love you guys! :)

JBarker said...

You've got cute kids!

Leslie said...

I'm so impressed with everyone's cake decorating skills! I might hire Belle to start doing my cakes too! P.S. you can always send any cake you don't want to my house :0