For as many years as I can remember, my mother has graciously cooked Thanksgiving dinner for our entire family. I don't have any memories of Thanksgiving dinner at anybody else's house--although my older siblings remember a few at other places. I guess that is what happens when you are as good a cook as my mom is--you get stuck doing it year after year! (Since I've been married, we alternate years between the families. And I have to say, Jason's mom is an awesome cook too! Between my wonderful mothers, I have never had to cook a Thanksgiving dinner--I'm spoiled, I know. :))
Anyway, this year, in hopes of giving my parents a break, we invited my side of the family over to our house for the big meal. It was my first time doing a turkey, and I was a bit nervous. But, I think it turned out okay. My sisters helped bring some of the yummy dishes and we finished it off with my mom's award winning pumpkin chiffon pie (the best ever)! After stuffing ourselves, we worked off a few calories by playing the Wii. Even Grandma got in on the fun--she can bowl a pretty mean game! The only thing that would have made this day better was if my nephew Josh and my siblings, Matt, Mike, Sara and their families could have been there. We missed you all so much! Love you guys!



6 comments:
You are quite the blog expert...good work with the slide show, loved it. It was so fun to see pictures of everyone, almost as good as the real thing. Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves. I love the picture of Mom and you. Love your haircut too. Thanks for giving Mom a break this year, I know how much she enjoyed it.
You are a brave woman to host Thansgiving dinner! Cute pictures, and I love the slide show. I need to figure out how to do that.
Wow! You've really stepped it up! The change in layout, the slide show, etc. You're a natural!
And you can cook, too! The turkey was great, the rolls were divine and everything was wonderful.
You've got it all! You ought to demand a raise from your husband...
Oh what fun!!! It made me homesick just seeing how much everyone has grown up since I last saw them all. It looks like you did a fabulous job with Thanksgiving!! Way to go! You are the BEST!! Miss you!
We missed you all, but it looks like you had a great time. Love ya!
Thanksgiving is so fun! glad to see you all had a nice one too! I was sick for our thanksgiving.
Post a Comment